Thursday, September 30, 2010

SOLVED!!! Error 25007.Error occurred while initializing fusion. Setup could not load fusion with LoadLibraryShim().

.NET Framework 2.0 error.
Error 25007.Error occurred while initializing fusion. Setup could not load fusion with LoadLibraryShim().

I came across this error the other day while at work. The computer in question had been getting errors about .net crashing when opening a certain web based application.  I tried reinstalling .NET framework 2.0 to no avail. The computer would get the dreadful "Error 25007.Error occurred while initializing fusion. Setup could not load fusion with LoadLibraryShim()" message.

I did some research online using google, some of the things I found told me to delete my "winsxs\policies" folder or try renaming or deleting anything that has the file name x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9********** inside the "C:\windows\winsxs" folder or just try a complete manual uninstall of .NET framework 2.0. Yadda yadda yadda.

I proceeded to try out all of these ideas with no success.  :(

At this point, I had .net 2.0 removed completely with no trace of it anywhere. While manually removing .NET 2.0, I noticed that .NET 3.5 was not installed anymore which it had been before all the errors started, and that .NET 4.0 WAS installed still.  I then went to add/remove programs and saw that .NET 3.5 was still showing installed, along with .NET 4.0.  I tried removing 3.5 but it gave me errors saying that it was not installed. I then tried removing .NET 4.0 which uninstalled just fine.

After all this, I decided to go and try the .NET 2.0 install again. I was amazed when the installer did not error out... the whole problem was due to .NET 4.0 being installed, once that was gone... .NET 2.0, 3.5 and 4.0 all reinstalled flawlessly.

The manual uninstall of .NET framework 2.0 can be found here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908077/en-us?spid=8291&sid=global


If you found this usefull...
Please visit and support this blog: http://lovingmotherearth.blogspot.com

Check it out: